Prosciutto, Fontina, and Sun-Dried Tomato Fried Eggs
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
8 oz baby spinach
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 & ½ cups Fontina shredded or in small pieces
½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
12 sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
3 7-to 8-inch pitas, each split into 2 rounds
6 very thin slices prosciutto
4 large Eggs
1) Heat oven to 250 degrees F
2) Cook the garlic in a sauté pan in half the oil
3) Add the spinach, season it with salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 2 minutes
4) Transfer spinach to a colander
5) Let cool for a couple of minutes, and gently squeeze out the excess liquid from the spinach
6) In a medium bowl, toss the spinach with the Fontina, Parmigiano, sun-dried tomatoes
7) In a sauté pan fry the Eggs with the oil left
8) Top each evenly with the spinach mixture and set the remaining prosciutto on top
9) Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and heat the pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add one of the pita sandwiches and set another medium heavy skillet on top of the sandwich. 10) Put 2 lbs. of weight in the empty skillet and cook the sandwich until the bottom starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until it browns and the cheese starts to melt out the sides, about 2 minutes.
11) Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Cook remaining sandwiches in the same manner.
12) Cut in wedges and serve.