Tempura Cauliflower w/ Soy Aioli
2 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup Tempura dry mix
½ cup Mayo
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil for deep-frying 350-375 degrees F, or until a the tip of a wooden spoon sizzles in the oil.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well, refresh under cold running water, and drain again.
3. Beat the beer and tempura mix in a bowl until combined. Should be slightly thick.
4. Add the rest of ingredients and mix until well combined. Season with Salt and pepper.
5. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter, drain off the excess, then deep-fry until golden brown and puffy. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt. Serve with Aioli.